Name: Leonardo Boutique Hotel Sagrada Família Barcelona
Where: C/Mallorca, 606, 08026. Close to Sagrada Família two metro stops away, within 15 minutes of most tourist attractions.
Website: Leonardo Boutique Hotel
Reservation: If this hotel is suitable make a reservation by emailing to
– Step free access into the lobby with low counters to easily check in.
– Dining area is fully accessible, there is 5 inclusive tables and the buffet height is low enough to reach breakfast easily.
– Lift to all floors, it is a small width lift so it would be a tight squeeze for a power wheelchair.
– Shower is classed as a “roll in shower” but it is not suitable for commode or similar shower chair. Other stationary shower chairs would be suitable. It has a fold down wall seat that is around 17×17 inches, it is metal and not cushioned. There is a railing that folds down next to the right side of the shower seat, this is helpful if core strength is an issue. The shower has sliding doors which make transfers a bit difficult, but it is manageable with a bit of positioning and adjusting.
– Roll under bathroom sink.
– Toilet with fold down railings on each side, there’s plenty of room beside the toilet for transfers.
– Enough room next to bed for full turning circle of manual wheelchair, you can ask the staff at the hotel to take out the small table which would allow room for a power chair to do a 360 turn.
– Bed height is level with manual wheelchair which allows for an easy transfer on and off the bed.
– There is reachable plugs and USB ports next to the bed, you can easily charge your phone and wheelchair battery here.
– Kettle and cups are down low and reachable
– Clot Metro Station is within walking distance of the hotel, there is a slight hill down to the station but is manageable. The only metro that isn’t accessible from this station is L1. The easiest train around the city is L2, each stop on this line is level so there is no ramp needed, just a pop a small wheelie if you’re using a manual wheelchair. If you need assistance the staff are willing to help. Check out accessible public transport by Clicking here.
– Every Bus in Barcelona is 100% accessible, just wave at the driver as he pulls in and he will deploy the ramp for you.
– Barcelona City tour bus is also accessible, if you are using a manual wheelchair without a power assist I’d suggest buying a ticket as it will save you pushing far to explore the city.
– Google maps makes public transport a breeze, I recommend downloading this as it tells you the accessible routes
-Laundry Matt 10 metres from the hotel, it is accessible as it has step free access and low washer and dryer.